Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Autumn Leaves with Watercolors

We're right in the middle of fall here in Croatia. The leaves have changed and the trees are starting to look bare. It seems autumn came and went really fast and now we're having temps close to freezing already. Yikes! I'm not quite ready for snow.

I have a simple fall card today using my Penny Black Foliage Fancy stamps.I first water colored with background (inspired by a few craft challenges), then embossed the maple leaves in white. Pretty simple.
Fall-Leaves
The sentiment was stamped with Versafine ink. And then I flicked black watercolor all over.
Fall-Leaves-det
Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. Oh! This is SO beautiful! LOVE the white leaves with all the gorgeous colors on the background! SO striking! Thanks for playing along with us at The Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Autumn is my favorite season, Nina, and your card reflects the colors beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh....that is beautiful water coloring! The white oak leaves just pop right off the page...this is a beautiful card to start off this week's challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful card and I love the water colored background-thanks for playing along with the Card Concept Challenge #22

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Nina. Love the gorgeous background! What a great take on the photo. The heat embossed leaves look wonderful. Thank you for playing with us at The Color Throwdown this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card! Love the bright watercolor background! I'm with you, not ready for winter yet! Thanks for sharing at The Pink Elephant Anything Goes Challenge! Nance, DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. So gorgeous! I love the water-colour!! I especially love that nice turquoise colour added into the mix. Makes a nice pop of colour for fall. Gorgeous card! thanks for playing with The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So very beautiful! I love your watercolouring!! Thanks for playing with us at the Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous! Love the white embossed leaves and beautiful splash of colors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How stunning!! I LOVE the colors you used and the flicking of the black ink is the icing on the cake. Such a pretty card!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails