Tuesday, May 20, 2014

CAS Freehand Watercolored Flower

I have a clean and simple card for you today with a rose that I watercolored free hand. It was pretty easy to make. I was not completely happy with how the rose turned out, but I grew to love its abstract feel. :) I started with a piece of cold-press watercolor paper. Then I just started painting a big scallop circle in light pink. I then added the darker pink with a smaller brush.
SRM-HB
I did the leaves in two shades of green. The background is a light tan color. The sentiment is by SRM Stickers. The pearls are by Want2Scrap. I added some pink lace and white twill tape.
SRM-HB2
I'm entering this to the following challenges: Addicted to Stamps (photo insp), SRM Challenge (birthday), Seize the Birthday (May flowers), Simon Monday Challenge (botanical), The Paper Players (CAS floral), Muse (colors).
Photobucket

15 comments:

  1. Watercoloring sure is the craze! This is stunning Nina! Thanks for playing along with us over at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your freehand bloom is absolutely gorgeous. Beautiful watercolor effect. thanks so much for joining us this week at ATS&M.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really pretty Nina - love your rose :-)
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nina I love your card, beautiful watercolouring, great colours and fab CAS card.
    Hugs Erika.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great freehand rose! Just perfect for your card. Thanks for joining the fun at ATSM this week. Monika

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous job. You really rocked the water color technique. So glad you joined us at the Paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, fabulous job water coloring that pretty rose. Love your card. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this sweet card. You have made a wonderful job of the colouring.

    Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the depth of the colours on this pretty card! So glad you joined us at Muse this week, Nina!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The watercoloring is so pretty! Love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty....lovely watercoloring, you are quite an artist! Thanks for playing with our challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So, so pretty. I love the delicateness of this card and your watercoloring is just lovely! Thank you so much for sharing and for joining us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a pretty card! Love the pretty flower!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is stunning, love the flower.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails