Friday, April 18, 2014

Get Well Soon Mixed Media Card and Winner

I have a mixed media card today that uses Distress inks, acrylic paint, embossing, markers, and of course, some lovely Want2Scrap products. I first heat embossed with white ink some Penny Black background stamps (text, music and woodgrain). I blended Distress inks in brown and blue, then squirted a little bit of water. With a pencil, I sketched a tree silhouette and colored that with Memento markers. Because the markers are water-soluble, I was able let the ink bleed a little with a water brush to make it look watercolored.
MM-Tree-card
I then took 3 DecoArt acrylic paints in green blue, peach and white on a plastic palette. Using the eraser end of a pencil on the paints, I dabbed the dots on my tree as you see below. I started with the darkest green, then pink, white with a touch of peach, and finally white. I used the handle tip of a brush to get the smaller dots. I then embellished the dots with some Want2Scrap Le Creme pearls. I painted white on the outline of the Large Bird Flourish Silhouette – Card Sized (2 Pack) before adhering to the card. I then used 72 Count – Teardrop Bling – White Pearls for the wing. The sentiment is by SRM Stickers, which was mounted with Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L Foam Squares.
MM-Tree-card2

I'm entering this card to Curtain Call's challenge. Muse Challenge (sketch), Colour Me #16, Fusion (Photo Insp), SSS Wednesday Challenge. It's been a while since I participated in challenges. And I'm now just finding out some of my favorites have closed shop. But I'm excited to see some new ones have taken their place.

Now, the winner of Monday's giveaway is...Patti P. Please email me via the Contact tab above with the subject, "Lots of Love for Lauryn Winner" so I can spot your email right away in ever-growing inbox. :) Thank you all for joining us in the hop.
Photobucket

25 comments:

  1. Hi Nina! This is scrumptious, just love all that's going on here, especially the bits of music and text and that sweet little bird! Thanks so much for playing with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is rich with beautiful detail! So glad you joined us at Muse this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing, so much detail, so much to take in. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nina, this is delightful to say the least. It is a wonderful design, lots of wonderful techniques that play well together and finish beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous mixed media card, amazing tree!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an amazing card Nina - thanks for sharing the techniques you used to obtain the outstanding result.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, WOW this is truly a work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Saw your beautiful card on SRM. Congrats to the winner & Happy Easter to you & your wonderful family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful, love the white embossed bg and your hand drawn tree.
    Thanks for pulling my name, Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is seriously one of the prettest cards I've ever seen!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nina, this card is so beautiful! Amazing use of techniques! Thanks for joining us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, what a great creation! Your little details are just amazing. I love the music notes and the little bird perched on the tree. Thanks for sharing with us at Colour Me...! this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I saw your card at the Muse Challenge and had to come to see how it was made. I can't believe you did the heat embossing first, then the image. And the dots are wonderful. It is a fantastic card. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful card Nina. Love the black tree with all those dots. The sponging, heat embossing are fabulous elements... Thank you for playing along with us at Curtain Call.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is SPECTACULAR!!! Love it! Thanks for joining us at FUSION - a JOY to have you with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW, the layers on your card are absolutely amazing. This is a card you could stare at for hours! Thank you so much for joining the Fusion Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your colourful card, Nina. Thanks for playing along with us in the Fusion card challenge and hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your mixed media work is absolutely amazing! Wow! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nina, this is beautiful...love your work!
    Thanks for joining us at Curtain Call - Confetti Crush!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow!!! This is fabulous!!!!! JUst love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Nina, love your work - and the second card image is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails